We are seeking a “best in class” Machine Operator with a strong work ethic and desire to be an integral part of an effective team. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
This is a safety sensitive position
- Operates machine that mixes material according to pre-determined formula to make brick/block
- Gathers material as specified by work order; weighs materials, records information on batch cards
- Transfer specified materials into machine for processing
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and handling equipment in performing duties
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory
- Follow all required work safe practices including lock-out tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
- Previous experience in a production environment
- Knowledge of power/hand tools
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb, reach, grasp, bend at the waist, twist at the waist frequently
- Ability to frequently work in cramped, confined spaces
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protection equipment) – required and provided
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training
Training 1 to 2 weeks – 1st shift 6 am to 2:30 pm 5 to 6 days a week.
After training period, will move to 2nd or 3rd shift - nights, pay differential for nights is 7.5% to 10% more per hour.